The CRC is committed to fostering the next generation of enthusiastic conservationists and scientists to further the conservation and preservation of Central America’s wildlife and habitats. The CRC is partnered with University of Belize to provide 1 Belizean student an opportunity to participate in a 7-10 week research intense program to build their skills in wildlife research, but most importantly, how to then implement the scientific research into wildlife policy and management (= translational ecology). It is anticipated that all projects performed will provide important and applicable information to the Forest Department in their wildlife management policies, and lead to scientific publication.
We hope the CRC UB Scholarship Program will empower students, providing the confidence and knowledge needed to successfully pursue higher education, utilizing their new knowledge and expertise to assist in wildlife conservation and environmental issues in Belize. If you are interested in sponsoring or supporting this program please contact us!
The 2017 CRC UB Scholarship Program included the following:
- Field research on a self-directed project created by the student, supervised by the CRC and UB advisor.
- Accommodation at the CRC intern house and during fieldwork.
- Transport to field sites.
- Equipment and field assistance support by the CRC.
- Continued support from the CRC, and sustained opportunities for personal development and research.
Application due date: Extended to April 31, 2018